Saturday 15 September 2012

Review: Total Recall

I'm going to start off by saying I haven't seen the original of this, but after watching the remake I don't think I'll bother either.

One of the most superficial films I have ever seen. If the film makers had spent less time trying to recreate the setting of Blade Runner and had instead focused their attention on writing a less cheesy script, creating characters with actual personalities and giving the story a reason to exist, it would have made for a really good film.

Instead what we have is a shell of a movie that fails to leave an impression at all. Entirely watchable the first time round, if only to have the twists ironed out and to see how it ends, but I would never watch this again. 

Everything looks amazing, the actors are good looking, the setting is perfect (even though it's copied), the futuristic devices are impressive, but that's where it ends. Nothing has depth beyond the surface. 

Kate Beckinsale was poorly cast. I love her, she plays a great bad-ass in movies and is a believable tough girl but in this film *SPOILER* her overly-posh English accent and predictable lines make her out as a characteur of an evil villain from an old James Bond film. Jessica Beil's character cries a lot. Colin Farrell's character is apparently a shadow of his former self, and they talk about how great he used to be and I ended up wishing he had a personality transplant just to make him a bit more interesting.

All in all, I wouldn't recommend this film. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

FOREX EXCHANGE RATES

The exchange rate refers to the values ​​of the currencies of the two countries against each other. Any currency the type of the type, it i...